Description: CSC is a global powerhouse in business and technology transformation. Our people are passionate about helping businesses solve complex business challenges through technology. With a 50+ year legacy of innovation, our technology independence allows CSC to offer flexible and unique solutions to help clients optimize technology. We help clients capitalize on trends and anticipate what's ahead because market shifts and technology trends demand fresh thinking.
We are now hiring Data Center Migration Analysts in the San Francisco Bay area for our growing Infrastructure practice. This is a generalist role supporting the migration of application work loads from one location to another.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new technologies while enhancing their technical skills. Candidates should possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must be able to quickly absorb complex technical details and effectively communicate the value of those details to clients in demanding settings. Time management skills are a must, as well as the ability to be flexible and creative.
- Investigate and document application components and interfaces required to be tracked for migrations
- Application dependencies including ports and load balancers
- SSL, Virtual IP addresses, DNS names, etc.
- Identify blackout periods
- Determine LAN/VLAN port requirements for servers hosting applications components
- Determine SAN/NAS/DASD storage requirements for work loads
- Evaluate and work with network team to conduct a latency impact analysis for an applications performance as experienced by the end users
- Ensure application batch job or backup schedules do not conflict with the migration schedule
- Identify change management requirements
- Prepare for application and data migration
- Use virtualization and assessment tools including VMware Converter, Capacity Planner, Cristie CloneManager, Platespin, or others.
- Assist in detailed cutover planning for the application work loads
- Review cutover planning, including backout scenario
- Assist in capacity planning for infrastructure (servers, storage, etc.) required to support work loads
- Perform latency impact analysis for end users and communications to other systems left behind temporarily
- Validate UAT plans are acceptable
- Execute User Acceptance Testing per scripts
- Perform post migration application performance testing (i.e. Latency testing) as required
- Migrate application data and interfaces
- Execute DR testing (as appropriate)
- Update Active Directory and DNS servers
- Reconfigure Linux servers for new IP and DNS servers
- Obtain sign-off from Application Owners on success of migration
You will leverage and grow your knowledge and skills in a fast-paced, rewarding environment -- working side-by-side with our team of world class consultants. In addition to a rewarding work environment, CSC offers an outstanding set of benefits.
The Company: CSC is a Fortune 160 technology transformation firm with 80,000+ professionals and $13B+ in revenues. CSC ranks in the Top 5 leading IT services providers in FORTUNE's "World's Most Admired Companies" and is one of the world's leading providers of information technology services, helping organizations achieve business results through the effective use of technology. Since its formation in 1959, CSC has earned a customer-centric reputation for developing and managing solutions specifically tailored to each client's needs. No other company offers the same range of professional services and global reach as CSC does in areas such as business and technology strategies, management consulting, information systems consulting and integration, application software, and IT and business process outsourcing.
CSC is a leading provider of management and information technology services to commercial and government markets in over 70 countries. Our consulting portfolio spans the full life cycle - from strategy and business process design to technology services, systems integration, application outsourcing and hosting. Our clients benefit from the breadth and depth of our global expertise, but more importantly, CSC goes to market using a team of local experts, creating a relaxed, professional-casual atmosphere, while maintaining a family and people-oriented culture.
Are we right for you? CSC offers a variety of challenging opportunities that will draw on your talents while enabling you to grow your intellectual capital in a supportive environment. Learning experiences are offered as a blend of relevant work assignments, training, tools, mentoring and other growth opportunities. We offer many avenues to mastering your chosen profession, while giving you everyday exposure to brilliance in business, technology and people.
Career Advancement: Your career belongs to you. At CSC, we recognize that you are in control of identifying and achieving your career goals. CSC enables you to take the lead through our formal development planning process. We will help you create a plan for enhancing your skills and experience by providing information, tools, and people that will support your career planning efforts. A career at CSC can be as targeted or eclectic as you are.
Expectation for Travel: For the Global Business Solutions division of CSC, all roles require a commitment to 100% travel. This doesn't mean that a person will always be traveling for assignments, but new Consultants joining the CSC team need to understand that they could be assigned to a travel role. The staffing process focuses on assigning people to local roles as a first priority, however, if a Consultant is available and has the right skills for an assignment for another CSC office across the United States, the Consultant may be staffed into that travel assignment. When this happens, they travel to the project location at the start of the week, return at the end of the work week and are home during the weekends.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in gathering technical requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g., facilitated workshops, work sessions and interviews); performs technical analysis and design to the sub-system level (Technical).
- Develops program specifications for all levels of complexity; codes programs from high level specifications or Derived Logical Processes (DLPs) on two or more technical platforms; optimizes program performance and maintainability. Raises business application prototypes to production levels (Technical).
- Defines technical requirements to support a data conversion effort and executes automated and manual data cleansing procedures (Technical).
- Develops standards, templates, and procedures to aid in the development of the required work products (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 4-6 company resources, in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Conducts performance and integration testing, helps analyze test results, and assists in identifying modifications or necessary improvements (Business).
- Establishes and maintains networking relationships with middle management in client organizations (Relationship Management).
- Understands client needs and matches them to relevant services or products; manages client expectations (Leverage).
- Understands and communicates goals and critical success factors for the project; sells ideas persuasively and paces the communications properly (Communication).